TIPS For Your Home
While you can’t protect against every issue that affects electricity, there are steps you can take to make service calls a rare occurrence
We understand the disruption that electrical work can cause for your home and family. While you can’t protect against every issue that affects electricity, there are steps you can take to make service calls a rare occurrence.
- Schedule an annual inspection of your electrical service and breaker box. Water infiltration is the #1 killer of electrical components.
- Make sure outdoor electrical items are tightly sealed and secured.
- Protect exposed and visible wiring (such as in unfinished basements and garages) from physical damage.
- Never pull or yank cords from the wall outlet.
- Limit the use of extension cords—they are for temporary use only.
- Use electric space heaters sparingly. Never leave them unattended.